Except for posting pictures of my Sims 2 creations, I rarely posted pictures and never videos on the old blog. But according to Michael and other bloggers people like that kind of stuff. So I'm going to give it the old college try. Bear with me if some of this stuff doesn't work right.
So here's what I did this week:
It was 80 degrees or so on Saturday. Perfect weather for going outside and writing. But I wasn't outside and writing. No, I had to go to the dentist and get one of these:
That started at 10 or so and went about an hour. After which my jaw was numb and later sore. So I just went home and took a nap. Eventually I got online and worked on redoing the Archives site to add some more graphics like this:
Blogger doesn't actually let you make things like tables and stuff, so I went into my HTML editor and then copied the code into Blogger. It was still a pain in the arse though to format all the pictures and set up all the links.
And mostly after that I watched TV.
Netflix finally got Deep Space Nine on the Instant so I was watching a lot of that. And here now is a video clip. (Maybe.)
If I did it right that's from the only time Q appears on the station and challenges Sisko to a boxing match. "You hit me! Picard never hit me!" That probably explains why he never came back.
I had received the movie "Rabbit Hole" from Blockbuster to watch but I kept putting it off to watch DS9. Eventually I watched it on Tuesday and it was really good. It's a drama so it's not a lot of fun to watch, but I found it to be very smart and true about the grieving process. My favorite part was when Nicole Kidman mocks this grieving parent who says, "God took our daughter because he needed another angel." As she says, well, why didn't he just snap his fingers and create one? If you can create life you don't need to kill people to create angels. But those are the kind of myths people cling to when they're grieving.
OK, that's probably too heavy. Anyway, this in theory will be the trailer for the movie.
Speaking of grieving, I also watched the Tigers lose at least the first two games of their series with the Texas Rangers. I'm writing this in advance, so by now they've probably lost the series. (OK, they didn't...yet.)
And there you go, that was my week in a nutshell.



I read this on my way in to work on the bus, but couldn't use my phone to comment. The pictures worked great -- although that root canal, on my phone, looked like a banana and I found that temporarily confusing.
ReplyDeleteWhat always happens to me is my computer won't copy the new thing I want it to, so I end up posting 5 of the same video over and over, and having to correct it later. My home internet, while it's improved, is still pretty spotty. I can't wait until they just beam stuff into our head, like in Doctorow's "Down And Out In The Magic Kingdom." Imagine, when you can post a blog just by thinking about and all your followers will INSTANTLY have it in their minds? That would be awexome.
(That's not a misspelling. It's intentional.)
Wordpress is a lot better in that after you write the entry you can preview the whole thing with graphics and everything. Blogger just displays the text. Also in Wordpress you can go back and edit it after you've scheduled it. With Blogger I think if I did that the post would actually go live with the future date.
ReplyDelete(Yes, I [heart] Wordpress.)
I would like to rewatch DS9 but signing up for Netflix since I bailed on them is meh...especially for a 20 year old t.v. show. The actress that played Lieutenant Kira was in the first season of Torchwood. It was good seeing her again. And when I start thinking of DS9 I realize I'd have to put up with the bullshit of having Dax die again, Odo and Kira not getting together after a romance that lasted a couple of seasons, Sisco becoming a wormhole entity and abandoning his son Jake...god...what bullshit. That series shoveled it deep.
ReplyDeleteWell the Dax thing wasn't really their fault. She wanted to spend more time on "Becker" or some crap like that. Can't really blame her after they hooked her up with Worf. Gross.
ReplyDeleteI always thought it would have been nice if they'd had a movie or something so Sisko could come back.
Blogger does have a preview button that works pretty well for me. It shows any pictures or videos - and I like it because it let's me know when I'm about to have a formatting issue before I publish.
ReplyDeleteAhem. Blogger also has a mobile feature you can enable for folks like me that tend to visit on their phone.
Ouch on the root canal. Yay for watching TV!
ReplyDelete...So, you don't want a wine glass with boobies on it??? *shrugs* ok.
Yeah a wine glass with boobies would definitely class up the joint...
ReplyDeletelol...Brian P. I can imagine your confused face on the bus trying to figure out what the hell a banana has to do with anything...
ReplyDeleteI use the blogger preview button, although the final published post never looks exactly the same because my layout is slimmer than the preview for some unknown reason. Who knows, but it works for me unless, like today, you post a picture and it isn't until you've published it that you realise it's too wide and doesn't fit the post. I then had to go back and re-edit 3 times before I got it right. But still...
Piccies look lovely (except for the root canal which resembles a banana). We like piccies :D
You know, unless it's pictures of something seriously cool or a video that really must be seen to get the point of the post, I don't really need them. Extraneous pictures are distracting - probably just me.
ReplyDeleteI learned something about root canals, thanks!
ReplyDeleteSorry about the root canal, RM, but I love the new blog. Our local high school mascot is a bulldog so the paw prints bring back fond memories.
ReplyDeleteI never have any problem viewing the entire post including images in blogger so I'm not sure what might be happening with yours.
Cool pics & videos, sorry about the root canal. That's not cool I know. I a visiting from the pay it forward blogfest. Yes, I know I am more than a day late. When I saw your "Tigers lost" comic, I almost worried. For no reason of course. Not a chance you meant my LSU Tigers. Number one in the BCS poll. You can put up a photo of that since I don't know how.
ReplyDeletePleased to meet you & to be a new follower
Melissa