Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Yes We Have No Bananas

I thought I was done with this story Sunday night, but then yesterday I read over what I wrote and decided to change a couple of things with the ending.  So I was up until 1:30 last night (or this morning) working on it and I'm still not done.  So no blog posts for you!  (If you want a philosophical thought, I realized the other day that Seinfeld references are becoming increasingly anachronistic.  I mean you might as well say, "Dynomite!" and the kids are just as likely to get it.)

Anyway, enjoy a little peanut butter jelly time.



And just for Pagel here's the Star Wars version:




Talk about anachronistic references!

8 comments:

  1. About once a month I tell my kids, "Come back one year." They stare at me and then I explain the reference one more time....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever my kids complain about the food I provide I shout "No soup for you!" and won't let them eat. They may not get the reference, but I still get to laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seinfeld references will never go out of style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still here yadda yadda yadda. But the problem with inventive phrases is that they lose their cool after a time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Briane I'm sure 30 years from now we'll all be in the nursing home still saying, "Yadda yadda yadda, no soup for you!" while the nurses changing our bedpans say, "WTF?" (words having all been replaced by acronyms by then)

    Except maybe that the inevitable Seinfeld movie reboot might reintroduce kids to some of those phrases.

    Which brings up an interesting question: what twentysomething actors would you cast for a Seinfeld movie? Or a Friends movie? I mean this is gonna happen sooner or later, right?

    Just off the top of my head I was thinking like Jesse Eisenberg for Jerry, Kat Williams for Elaine, Jonah Hill for George, and Jay Baruchmel (the young guy in Tropic Thunder) as Kramer. And if we do it soon enough we can do it as a prequel, showing how they all meet and stuff. This is gold, Jerry, gold!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I said the wrong Kat. I mean the chick on that "2 Broke Girls Show" who was also in "Thor" and "Nick & Nora's Playlist." In case any Hollywood agents read this and want to steal my casting ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know who most of those people are, I could look them up, but I'm on my phone and the whole thing is awkward. But the skinny guy from Tropic Thunder sounds great. Not sure about the guy you said for George - if that's who I'm thinking of he's a bit of a mumbler, George is a screamer. Damn. I'll be thinking of this all afternoon now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Dynomite!" is awesome.

    I never watched Seinfeld. That was post-TV for me. I think I've seen two episodes. Maybe.
    And the only episode of friends I've ever seen was the one with Brad Pitt.

    Yeah... don't even go there.

    ReplyDelete