| This is the hardcover edition. The paperback is really boring. |
| I could have bought this image from a stock photo site. |
| That helmet is big enough. |
| I'm only like 10% done with this book. |
Yes the last is one I made. I took a picture of regular armor and recolored it red. The hardest part was finding the comic book font online to use for the text. On the back jacket you can read a plot description and fake quotes. This was when I had it on my archives site. I briefly sold it on Amazon, but for now it's off the market because it involves a different version of the Scarlet Knight character and I don't want anyone to get confused.
This one actually used to freak me out when I as little. The Horned King is a scary dude.
My brother and I loved this series of books growing up. Every cover featured a shot from the cockpit with different outside scenery on each book.
I really liked the covers for the novel adaptations of the Robotech series. All the covers would have a scene inspired by something in the book, usually with a character or two pictured as well. I actually bought the individual books even for ones where I already had the compilations just because they look so neat.
My brother and I loved this series of books growing up. Every cover featured a shot from the cockpit with different outside scenery on each book.
I really liked the covers for the novel adaptations of the Robotech series. All the covers would have a scene inspired by something in the book, usually with a character or two pictured as well. I actually bought the individual books even for ones where I already had the compilations just because they look so neat.
So there you go. More than you ever needed to know about me and covers.




Soon I Will Be Invincible is the only one of those I've read. I always thought the helmet was too big though, it needs to be smaller and stuck in the corner. Now THAT would be a good cover.
ReplyDeleteI actually like the one you made quite a bit. Good job.
I really liked all the names in Lloyd Alexander's Prydain series. The horned king, the huntsmen of Annuvin, the cauldron born (very creepy), Spiral Castle, Hen Wen...they were all very original. Oh and what was the bard's name? I cried when he had to destroy his harp to keep from freezing to death.
ReplyDeleteThe bard's name was Fflewddur or something like that. Those weird Welsh spellings.
DeleteIf you think about it, those books kind of have parallels to Star Wars. There's the orphaned farm boy (Taran) who learns from a wise ancient dude (Del-whatever), then sets out to fight an evil empire and meets a princess (E-whatever), befriends a hairy creature (Gurgi), meets a wise older guy (Prince Gwydion) and in time takes down the evil empire.
I like the cover you made best. I'm surprised I don't know most of these.
ReplyDelete