Monday, January 23, 2012

Today's Sign of the Apocalypse

We interrupt today's scheduled post with breaking news.  OK, not that breaking since it happened on Thursday.  That was when I opened my Gmail and saw a response from a small publisher I'd queried last July about the first Tales of the Scarlet Knight novel.  I assumed it would be a rejection, but it was a contract offer!

I read over the contract Thursday night and sent back the signed copy on Friday, making it official.

This weekend I've been writing some stuff they asked for:  a bio, a blurb for the book, acknowledgements, and a dedication.  The bio was especially torturous, but I managed to write something at least as long as they wanted.

Anyway, I'll have more updates about this as they develop.  Obviously all the plans I made previously are on hold.  Which also means I don't have to worry about making covers anymore.  Huzzah!

10 comments:

  1. Hey hey! Congratulations. Let's face it, you've been working at an astonishing pace for a long time, putting your heart and soul into stuff, and feeling like you're shouting into a void.

    You're not shouting into a void, dude!

    This is good news. I'm really happy for you. I'm reading "Where You Belong" right now and really enjoying it. (Still waiting for the Scarlet Knight to show up in the story though.)

    Well done, and well deserved. The only question remains: which publisher?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything he said! That rules, Mutt, congratulations.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! It must feel great to finally be picked up. Hopefully everything goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, pretty awesome news. A long time coming I'm sure. Please fill us in on the details as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great news. I can't wait to see the cover they come up with. Boy waiting until now though...you queried in JULY?!...yowsa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations. You're on your way. With this feather in your cap you won't need to be "grumpy" anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's nice not to have to worry about covers and now someone else will be responsible if there is a typo. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! Now we do the dance of joy! Di di di...

    ReplyDelete