Saturday, December 31, 2011

Movies That Didn't Suck: 2011

This post brought to you by Grumpy Bulldog Movie Reviews:  Lights, Camera, P-Yoo!  (We need a better slogan!)

It should be noted I don't do a lot of movie reviews.  There were no 4-star movie reviews this year.  There were probably 4-star movies but I just didn't feel like reviewing them.

So, here are two 3.5 star movies! 
  1. The Company Men
  2. It's Kind of A Funny Story
*If I'd bothered writing a review I'd probably have given "Super 8" 3.5 stars.

And to fill out the list, some 3 star movies!
  1. Our Idiot Brother
  2. Limitless
  3. Captain America
  4. Cedar Rapids
  5. True Grit
  6. The American
(The latter two at least were from 2010 but I didn't get around to reviewing them until 2011.)

And now, the movies that DID SUCK in 2011.  (I'm not counting all the MST3K movies I watched this year on Netflix.)
  1. Easy A (1 star)
Wow, that's it?!  Damn, that sucks.  But if I'd bothered writing a review for "The Human Centipede" that would have got 0 stars.  And "Transformers 3" would have got 1.5 or less if I'd reviewed that (and watched all the lame human parts).

So there you go.  Happy New Year!  

Grumpy Bulldog Will Return...January 3, 2012.

9 comments:

  1. I think you're too generous with Super 8. I'd already deleted it from my brain before leaving the theater.
    Happy New Year! We're off to see "War Horse." Mrs. Chatterbox has a horsey thing going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Super 8 so I agree with your 3.5 stars. Never saw Easy A. You saw it why? Probably because of the hot chick...whatever her name is...that Jim Carey wrote his meme about.

    I think I liked True Grit better than you did obviously.

    I really think I need to see more independent movies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked both The Company Men and It's Kind of a Funny Story, but I would have put Captain America and True Grit above them.
    I need to buy True Grit, actually. That may have been Bridges best role so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Mr. Visitor from the Future, some of my online "friends" had really liked "Easy A" so I thought I'd watch it. But it was so boring and predictable.

    And I didn't like Emma Stone after finding out she's not a natural redhead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you about Super 8 and Captain America. Human Centipede... *shudders* I want to scrape that memory off my gray matter.

    Happy New Year to you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Out of all of those, I only saw Captain America and I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I likes Super 8 too. It seems like that movie has some hate from some people. Not sure why. But I noticed the same thing this year in books and movies. Lots that I liked, but not much that reshape my life.

    ReplyDelete