Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Odds & Ends Volume 3

Most people know Elmo & Patsy from "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer."  I actually like this other song from that album better.  This is "Here's to the Lonely":



And while I'm at it, here's a song that isn't necessarily a holiday song, "XMas" by Jesse Malin.  I listen to this all year long on my MP3 player.  Pandora doesn't consider it a (Holiday) song, so why should I?


6 comments:

  1. Christmas can be depressing for people who are well..lonely or whatever problem they might have. Our society says we must all have this great Christmas and if we don't we feel left out and it leads to disappointment and emphasizes even more what we may not have. But on the other hand, if we look at what we give even though we have little nobody has to be lonely or depressed, and not just at Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really looking forward to your explication of how plucky teenagers can solve any problem. I'm listening to the "Xmas" right now. Sounds okay -- backs up what I say that if you put "Xmas" and an acoustic guitar together you can't really go wrong.

    I listen to some Christmas songs year round. I like the Brian Setzer "Angels We Have Heard On High." It's a great running song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first tribute ban I ever saw did Patsy Cline songs - I've been a fan ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be glad when you stop blogging about Christmas. This is worse than the A to Z challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should probably just stop reading then until 1/3/12.

    ReplyDelete