Friday, March 2, 2012

Grumpy Bulldog vs. The Ticking Clock

The end is nigh!  Not just because of the Mayan Apocalypse either.




Even now I'm hard at work (or sometimes hard at work) on preparing my "corporate" site in preparation for the release of my novel A Hero's Journey (Tales of the Scarlet Knight Vol 1).  Once everything is in place there, the Grumpy Bulldog blog will be shutting down because let's face it, I'm also a lazy bulldog and don't feel like operating two blogs.  And in case you're wondering, while the address says www.com it is still a Blogger account so you can still "follow" the same way.

Blog header image by Rusty Webb--except for the text.  I threw that on, which is why it looks like crap.


What will the new blog feature?  Obviously a lot of promo for the book.  I mean that's kind of the point of it.  (Sell, sell, sell, baby!)  Not just promo in terms of a cover, a bio, and a link to buy the thing.  No, I'm giving you the full Special Edition DVD experience.  Character bios, history of the Scarlet Knight, and my favorite--deleted scenes!  Everything except commentary in the book itself, although that would be pretty fun to go put a bunch of footnotes in with smart-ass comments.

Also, the blog part will probably focus on more writerly stuff, so no ranting about politics and stuff like that.  At least initially (until I fall off the wagon) it'll be 1000% less grumpy!  So all you Nervous Nellie's who whiz yourself when someone says "fuck" or "cunt" can browse the site and not get your panties soiled.

You might ask:  when is this going to happen?  I'm not exactly sure yet.  It'll depend on some variables, like when the site is ready and when the book is ready.  This is just the head's up that change is coming.  And to warn you I'll probably be 1000000% grumpier leading up to it to get that out of my system.  So expect posts to feature random bouts of cursing.  FUCKING CUNT!!!  Like that.

15 comments:

  1. Well, that'll suck. The f-bombs and political rants are what keeps me coming back when I should be impressing my boss instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But just think how that will help your next performance review!

      Delete
  2. It's good to hear you're on the ungrumpy wagon, but I wouldn't delete this blog too fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't deleted it; I'll just let it sit dormant like my previous blog.

      Delete
  3. Scarlet Knight...Are you a Rutgers grad, Grumpy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you read the bio on the new site you'll know the answer to that.

      Delete
  4. I see...

    I agree with Cindy that you shouldn't let this blog go. Alter egos can come in very handy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the launch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, who wants to sell books anyway...
    Wait? What?
    Boy, that's some nice artwork there on your header.
    Is all of this because your publisher is making you, or are you doing it all on your own?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't overdo the promotions though. Turns people off fast. Used to follow an author who talked about her book in every single post. I eventually stopped following. So did most people.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm. I think the grumpy persona works for you.

    ReplyDelete