Sunday, February 26, 2012

Grumpy Bulldog At It Again

I was playing around with The Sims 2 and finally got some custom hair and accessories to download.  Hooray!
Dr. Dan Dreyfus, though I think he looks like Napoleon Dynamite

Louise Earl, Emma's daughter

The Sewer Rat, also Louise's father. Still looks a little Jesus-y

The Scarlet Knight from the back--now with a cape!

Sylvia Joubert, when she's young and hot.
I'm pretty happy with the Louise and Sylvia ones because the red is the darker red I'd been wanting.  Huzzah!  Anyway, I'll probably play with some of these some more.  It beats doing anything useful.

4 comments:

  1. I imagine that manipulating imagery this way can be addicting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hair is noticeably better than your previous sims versions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm. I started typing a comment and then it went blank and now I'm back typing a comment.

    I had been saying something about how it was interesting to see what your characters look like; that's always a risk because if the reader disagrees with how your guys are supposed to look, it can be jarring (like when I saw the Hobbit cartoon and Hobbits didn't look right).

    But more interesting is that you're giving your superhero a cape. I go back and forth on capes. The Dark Knight treated the cape as being kind of like a club or a weapon, but in "The Incredibles" the costume designer was pretty down on capes, for good reason.

    On a related note: I call superheroes "superheroes," but my kids call them "Incredibles", so if Pixar had jumped on that bandwagon, kids might now call all superfolk "incredibles," and they could trademark it the way DC trademarked "Super Hero."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes but like Batman her cape serves a purpose. When she wraps it around her body it allows her to turn invisible and when in the air it can act like a parachute. So it's not just a fashion accessory.

      Delete